This seems like a pretty straight forward goal, right? Except… how do I track it, how do I measure it, how do I know I’m doing well? Oh, and it is SMART? Lets see:
- Specific – Run a Marathon is rather specific
- Measurable – well, I can measure the end result, but how to I measure progress?
- Aggressive – Yes – 26.2 miles for an almost 300 lb guy, very aggressive
- Realistic – I think so – as long as I train for the next several months
- Timely – check. September 26th, 2011 is my 34th birthday.
Oh – and for my “A” for accountability – I have agreed to run with my Brother-in-Law a year from now, so that should help.